Thursday, June 25, 2009

Jinx...

I definitely jinxed our sleep with that last post....since then there's been no rest around here! Elizabeth has been crying nearly every 2 hours at night since Monday night....I think this has to do with her new movements (rolling over, scooting around the crib) because we stopped swaddling her and we are supposed to be teaching her to self-soothe, aka not rush into her room at every little cry. Last night I did the wrong thing and rocked her back to sleep at 1:00 am and 2:45 am, but then I left her when she cried at 3:30 am, 4:30 am and then at 6:00 am and she only cried for about 2 minutes and went right back to sleep (I did check on her to make sure she was sleeping)...and we've removed her favorite red blanket from the crib because she's started rolling over and sleeping on her face. Yup, her FACE! Oh my....this motherhood thing is exhausting...(but wonderful!!)

No comments: